Managing projects can be a full-time job. Take it from us! We understand that being successful, means having time-management down to a science. If you’re going to be successful at time-management, one of the first things you need to do is to identify your challenges and fain control of your workday.
Use these 6 time management rules and watch your productivity grow:
- Know how you currently spend your time. Keep a log for a week to see how you use your time.
- Identify your best time and use it to do your most important tasks.
- Ask “Why am I doing what I’m doing right now?”
- Continually look at ways of freeing up your time.
- Plan your work, and work your plan. Don’t waste your time making a plan unless you actually intent to put it to use.
- Delegate whenever possible.
People often make assumptions about deadlines. For example: When your manager asks you to get something done, you assume that it has a high priority, otherwise he/she wouldn’t be asking. By not clarifying urgency, your day becomes about “fighting fires” instead of completing your plan. If you don’t work on changing fake deadlines into real deadlines, prioritizing won’t help manage your time.